Sunday 3 March 2013

Atrixo Intensive Protection Cream

I am a bit of a hand cream fiend - I always have a tube of something to hand (excuse the pun). At work I currently have Soap & Glory Hand Food at my desk; in my bag I have L'Occitane Desert Rose Hand Cream, which I'm a little bit in love with (rose is one of my favourite scents), but sadly I think it's a limited edition that they don't produce anymore. My one staple that I always re-buy is this Eucerin Intensive Treatment, which isn't strictly a hand cream but is brilliant at keeping any eczema and dryness at bay.

Particularly at this time of year when the cold weather has such an impact on your skin, I get through a lot of hand cream. I'm always interested to try different ones, so when I found myself with a discount voucher for Atrixo, I bought their Intensive Protection Cream.  They're not a brand I'd particularly paid attention to before, but it looked like a good non-nonsense hand cream which is exactly what I needed.




It contains aloe vera and forms a protective layer to protect your skin from the wind, cold and other elements found in the great outdoors!

I've actually been using this every night before bed rather than before going out in the cold, but I have been really impressed with it so far none the less. It has a really rich consistency so you don't need to use a lot - this tub will last a long time. The first time I used it I took what I thought was a pretty normal dollop of hand cream but ended up moisturising most of my lower arms with it because a little bit of this goes a very long way. The scent is nothing to write a home about, nor is the packaging, but it doesn't matter because this product does exactly what it says on the tin. It definitely helps to repair some of the damage done to your hands during the day; I've been waking up with very soft, moisturised hands.

I'd definitely recommend this for anyone who suffers from very dry hands in the winter. It retails at a very reasonable £4.59 and is available from Boots and Superdrug.

No comments:

Post a Comment