Monday 29 April 2013

Glossybox: April 2013

Another month, another Glossybox!

April's box is a cute little number designed by Pearl Lowe. Definitely another one I'll be keeping for storage of various bits and bobs.


There was a perfect balance of skincare and make up products this month in my opinion.


The products I received in my box this month were:

A-Derma Intense Repair Lip Balm (full size)
NIP + FAB Dry Skin Fix Body Butter in Mango (50ml)
Sleek Blush in Flamingo (full size)
Yves Rocher So Elixir Purple Eau de Parfum (5ml)
Essie Nail Lacquer in Flawless (full size)

First things first: I was *very* excited to see a full size nail polish in there. Pink is one of my favourite colours to wear so I was very happy with the selection of Flawless. And, having heard many good things about Essie I'd not actually tried any of their varnishes yet (I'm an OPI and Model's Own kinda girl) so I was excited to try this. I've already painted my nails with this and the colour's lovely and the varnish has a really smooth finish - it really does look flawless.

Did I mention that I love my body lotions? So the addition of a Nip+Fab body butter was a welcome one. Another brand I've not tried yet, but I love mango scent in a body butter (The Body Shop do a great one) so I am sure this will go down a treat.

I liked the inclusion of the rather serious-looking A-Derma product, and as I am a bit of a lipbalm addict  I was looking forward to giving it a go. However, having applied it before bed over the course of a few nights, I've not found it very effective at repairing dry lips sadly. And, looking at the ingredients list I'm not terribly surprised, as the first ingredient is paraffinum liquidum - vaseline, basically. Which is a shame because the oat milk it contains should be really good for dry skin but I think any goodness is lost in the base of vaseline.

I don't really wear blusher often so the Sleek blush in Flamingo doesn't excite me that much, although it is a stunning vivid pink so I'm quite looking forward to wearing it anyway. Although my case seems to be faulty as it is almost impossible to open so this more likely than not will end up gathering dust in a corner somewhere.

Finally, the Yves Rocher perfume sample. This is much, much more up my street than the Juicy Couture sample from the other month. It has a seductive woody, floral scent - and it comes in a proper little perfume bottle, not a rubbish little spray like samples sometimes do.

So maybe not a complete thumbs up this month (thumbs sideways?) but an interesting selection of products nonetheless. I did notice that an Illamasqua pencil was doing the rounds in some of the boxes this month - I would happily swap my blush for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment